Monday, June 7, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Rishikesh. was haven . We started early morning i.e by 9(Thats preety early for me guys)for Rafting.After fixing up with local guide we all set out to a higher level . We stopped half way to check out a camping site. Managed to trek down and then saw the 1st glimpse of heaven.Sumit going all wild and Shukla sir taking our snaps , we went on a rampage..Then got hold of Volleyball , diving and making each other run after the ball , we spent almost an hour there.
Then re continued to the rafting site"Ground Zero".We were directed by our rafting guide for the day "Ramesh".11 of us were put in same boat.We all geared up , set afloat .
going through the rapids ,uff water was way above our head at some points of time. Then there was this anthem we created with inspiration from one groupie which went like this " Jhing lika Jhing lika " for which all of us would shout back in unison " hu ha hu ha ."..We made an entry with this ,making other rafters heads getting turned towards us.
Changed to dry clothes . Still not over the rafting ordeal we guys just went through we then left out for Haridwar.Luckily got to witness the special aarthi .With everybody singing the the holy song .
Then with Sumit as our guide we set out again . He with very poor sense of direction took us all way round exactly to the opposite end.
Then strated the long journey , back home......
All padded up for RAFTING
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
I hav been thinking what my first blog should be all about , finally deciding to write about F1, one of my fav sports which i love following. Its nothing but fast moving cars goin around circuitous track trying to be the 1st to cross the finish line. Involves lot of teamwrk.Like for instance in PIT STOP , where a racing vehicle stops in the pits during a race for refuelling, new tires, repairs, mechanical adjustments.Pit stop work is carried out by anywhere from five to twenty mechanics (also called a pit crew).
The season involves close to some 16 races n drivers n teams try to compete for the top position at the end of the season.The season starts somewher in 2nd week of Mar n goes till Dec.
This 2010 is goin to be more exicitin compared to all this yrs . Things to watch out for this season :-
- Micheal Schumacher - a 7 time world champion(2 times in Renault n 5 times in Ferrari) makes his return after three long yrs.. But this time he won’t be donning red but instead is going to drive for Mercedes. Still he is the best , So it would fun watching him.
- Fernando Alonso joins Red . will be driving Ferrari for the 1st time alongside Felipe Massa.
- Not to forget the all time fav Lewis Hamilton in Mclaren. The youngest player to win F1,will try to regain his best this yr.
- Jenson Button in Brawn . Last yr around they dominated the whole season . Nt to forget Vettel who gave equally tough challenge to him.
- The new point system . That’s going to change lot of things this time around .Few wins will bring a massive gap between the front runners n tail enders .
So woof it would be a season to watch out for , with all great drivers fightin for the Chequered Flag...it would be Schumi v/s Hamilton v/s Alonso V/s Massa V/s Button...Nt to forget Kimi Raikonnen would be missed who has decided to take a break....so guys get set for a roller coaster F1 season.....