Monday, June 7, 2010

My Sis --






She called me " Bhai ". This was the jackpot i had hit which i hope would last for a lifetime. Moreover never would want anyelse to refer me by that name. She is one and only one sis.
The person i am talking about is sole reason for me to start Blogging .I realised i havent said much about her. Preeti , met her a year back during my Induction training program.From there on , i have been always gfnBhai( i.e Gud for nothing Bhai ;) )....
I call her at any time of the day. shout at her n almost share ...almost share everything with her..I hurt her - now and then but she still forgives me .Laugh at her silly ways of forgetting things...But thats just her.I call her by many names - Sis,Kingfisher,Kutti(tats a tamil word for Small), n Finnaly being munchkin....
Kingfisher being the 1st .Would like to share the incident behind this naming ceremony .This name was given solely by me.Actually it all happened during this one activity in my Induction Training program where each person was supposed to be given a name of an animal / bird which they feel the he/she Resembles the most .Then the person had an option of choosing two names he would like to know reason for which he was referred by that very animal/bird .
When Preetis name sheet came to me , i immediately named her kingfisher - had no reasons whatsoever for that name . but at the end of it, she choose to know who had given her the name "Kingfisher" and reason behind it.I stood up tensed thinking what to say , managed to say few words incoherently and then kept quiet. She was looking straight at me, me lost as always thinking what to say.
After a brief pause from somewhere i came up with an answer - " She is a one gal just like a kingfisher , very rare to find....But when you find one , you cant keep your eyes of it...where i meant to say is " she is someone when found , u cant resist to stay away from her. She stood there standing . nt knowing what to reply back . just gave a faint smile , surprised for sure , sat down quietly. From then on its hw i always call her ..
its almost been 1 year since this happened but still recollecting this part of the incident makes somepart of me very happpy...........tats my sis .....Spreads happiness....

1 comment:

  1. finally bhai.. commenting here. took me long to trace your URL from one of my comments. can never forget that day. You too mean a lot to me. Thanks for everything.
    PS reading text on light background dark text would be great to eyes ;0

    ReplyDelete